It’s almost as if SE read my previous post on how much I love grinding FATEs and said: “Hey guys! Let’s take FATE grinding up a notch!” Because really, that’s what it feels like – an event of epic grinding proportions for the FATE lover.
Here’s my handy version of this event:
- Complete the intro quest (beginning in Ul’dah) and talk to the cool in Golden Saucer. Get the special Yo-kai watch and equip.
- Go forth and FATE it up until you have enough medals to buy the minions.
- Buy all minions, summon them and get a special mount!
- Unequip the watch (you don’t need it for the minion-specific legendary medals), summon the appropriate minion in the correct FATE area (as shown in the Yo-kai book you received along with the watch) and grind the Legendary medals.
- Use the Legendary medals to buy special Yo-kai weapons for FASHUNZ. (Note that the cost of weapons keeps increasing – so they weren’t kidding about the grind lol).
6. Grind enough Legendary medals to buy all the weapons and obtain a special mount for the achievement! Total count of medals you’ll need: 222. 😀 Good news is that this event lasts until October so there’s plenty of time to space it out and keep yourself from going insane.
Not sure which minion should be summoned where for which weapon? Check out the handy table below (from this great reddit thread):
It couldn’t come at a better time for me. I have tendinitis on my right hand which means two weeks rest and not really being able to do anything – including playing piano. Plus, the countdown to the move date has begun and given how terrible I am at waiting, I am one anxious lalafell. Good thing I can do FATEs relatively easily with just the left hand!
I have thus been throwing myself into this event with a fervour and passion that makes my FC members think I am truly a closet maso for doing this grind. 😀 Plus it’s a great opportunity to get some levels on my lowbie classes while doing the FATEs.
Five weapons down so far….and uh….*counts on fingers*…. eight to… EIGHT??! Yep… eight to go!